We hold a lot of information about our customers and the organisation itself. We manage this in line with our Information Governance Policy.
Information Governance describes the principles and processes we use to handle and manage the information we hold. For us, this means our legal requirements under the:
• Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
• Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000
• Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004
• Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) 2003
The Assurance Team is the main point of contact for Information Governance queries, and is responsible for:
• the provision of Data Protection, FOI and EIR training for staff within Stockport Homes
• ensuring information is disclosed (or protected) in line with legal requirements
• the development of best practice guidelines
• carrying out compliance checks to ensure adherence with the Acts
If you want to see what personal information Stockport Homes holds about you please fill out a Subject Access Request form here.