Our annual and financial reports show our performance and key achievements over the last financial year.
In a year like no other, our teams have worked together to face challenges and adapt to new ways of working. This annual report captures some of the innovative ways in which we have delivered services and worked with partners to continue to provide excellent services for customers, and to transform lives.
This year we are sharing our annual report online; this saves money and helps us to be environmentally friendly.
Reaching out to customers on the phone
Over the past 12 months over 5,000 vulnerable customers have been called by a member of our team to check on their wellbeing and any additional assistance needed with food or medication. The feedback from these calls has been extremely positive and we are pleased to see what a difference these calls have made.
Delivering excellent services
We are dedicated to delivering excellent services to our customers, last year we achieved:
- 98.4% satisfaction with SHG as a landlord
- 97.6% satisfaction with quality of home.
- 98.8% of neighbourhoods maintained to a good or excellent standard.
- 91% satisfaction with grounds maintenance services
Vital food deliveries by Your Local Pantry
Our Your Local Pantry team worked hard last year to provide local people with an affordable food offer whilst they were shielding or self-isolating. A delivery service was also provided, to enable the service to reach more vulnerable customers that may not have been accessing the pantry previously.
- From April to July 2020, 4,576 food parcels were delivered to vulnerable and self-isolating households including those referred via the Stockport Council Covid-19 helpline.
- 66 care leavers were provided with free Your Local Pantry access in partnership with Stockport Family.
- 46 Pantry franchises opened across the UK through our partnership with Church Action on Poverty (CAP).
- The Pantries generated £73,109 in social value from volunteering, with 18 new volunteers joining the project and a total of 2,997 volunteering hours given. Thank you to the volunteers who have made such a difference.
Helping people with employment
Our dedicated Employment Team provided employment support and training for people across Stockport:
- We produced 27 employment training videos which were shared through our social media channels and website. The videos received over 3,220 views.
- 292 people have secured sustainable employment after gaining support from our employment team.
- During 2020/2021 23 apprentices were in roles in a variety of companies offering a range of learning and work based experiences.
Support with Money
Our Money Advice Team is here to help you work through any financial problems. We offer free, confidential and impartial money and benefit advice. Since our Money Advice Team was introduced, we have helped hundreds of our customers and we’re here to help you. Last year we:
- Supported over 2,000 customers with Universal Credit claims.
- Provided essential information to customers to 2,660 customers to avoid financial hardship.
- Consultation with customers to rent and service charge settings delivered virtually for the first time, reaching over 61,000 people over social media.
Keeping our communities safe
Our customers have a right to live in safe neighbourhoods, last year our ASB team launched:
- Brand new App launched to report Anti-social behaviour
- 95.5% of customers satisfied with how we handled their ASB case
- 97% of customers satisfied with their neighbourhood
Building new homes across Stockport
Our Viaduct team are dedicated to providing affordable homes across Stockport:
- Tatton Cinema officially opened 33 new homes for the borough, bringing back to life this iconic building
- Completed 139 new homes - 57 for shared ownership, 50 for Affordable Rent and 32 for Social Rent
- 18 properties sold for shared ownership
- Entered into construction contracts to build a further 26 new homes
Our customers continue to engage with us through a number of social media platforms and through our website, last year:
- 216,000 people visited our website.
- 7799 enquiry forms were completed on our key forms including ASB and customer feedback.
- Facebook following grew too 6,067
- Twitter following grew too 7,935
- Instagram following grew too 1,347
Carecall is a 24 hour telemonitoring and response service. Carecall customers press or trigger an alarm when they need assistance and they are instantly connected to a friendly advisor - the Carecall advisor then decides whether to connect them to: emergency services, a loved one, or a Carecall officer who can make the way to the customer's home to help them back on their feet. Last year:
- Over 3,000 customer wellbeing phone calls
- The service received over 40,000 calls.
- Over 200 entertainment packs delivered (for fun and to help people feel less isolated.
- Over 1,000 new clients
Keeping our older and vulnerable customers safe
Our Independent Living team support our older and more vulnerable customers, last year:
Over 500 welfare packs delivered to help reduce social isolation and enhance mental wellbeing.
- Moved quickly to a new contact centre system meaning our teams could work from home to provide vital contact for customers during the pandemic.
- 740 customers gave their views on our 5 year delivery plan online.
- Webchat launched to make it easier to report repairs, pay rent, book an appointment - over 100 customers a week are making use of.
Growth for our Group
Stockport Homes Group continues to grow, last year:
- Three Sixty started building new homes.
- Three Sixty Living expanded it services into online lettings and home sales
- Foundations Stockport launched new services in employment support and youth work.
- Stockport Homes Group launched an external marketing service under the name ‘Home Marketing’.
Helping people make a house a home
The Furniture Recycling Project collects and recycles furniture and electrical white goods in good working condition. These items are donated to families or residents in need. They may lack the basic items that make their property a home. Last year:
- 454 Items of furniture were donated.
- 515 households received furniture donations.
- 1,125 individual items (44.45 tonnes) of furniture and white goods were diverted from landfill.
- 64 households were provided with a cooker through the Covid-19 Winter Fund grant
- £15k external funding was secured by Clothworks for a second van to enable more customers to benefit from the project.
A Bed Every Night
We supported 136 people to access a safe place to sleep, bedding and items such as toiletries and clothes, a hot meal and 1:1 support with their health, wellbeing and finances.
We did our part to help with homelessness by:
- Preventing 370 people from becoming homeless
- Supporting 25 people out of street homelessness
- Working with H3 to support 66 households with support and accommodation
Bringing more money into the Borough
One of our focuses this year was to bring more money in the Borough. We secured:
- £532,000 of grant money by working with local community groups
- 44 successful funding bids
During the Easter holidays 1,030 craft bags and 2,000 healthy children’s meals were delivered on behalf of Stockport Council through the national Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme.
12 years of customer excellence
Celebrated 12 consecutive years of Customer Service Excellence accreditation.
Repairs to your home
Over the year, our repairs teams kept busy by:
- Completing 41,053 Responsive and Heating repairs
- Completing 96% of repairs at the first visit
- 99.9% of emergency repairs made safe within 24 hours
- Keeping 98.4% of repairs appointments
- Ensuring 100% of homes are safe
- Receiving a 98.7% customer satisfaction rate
- Spending on average £336 on repairs and maintenance
- Re-letting and repairing 659 empty properties in an average of 11.18 days
Customer safety is one of our top priorities. As such we:
- Completed 100% of gas safety checks on time
- Completed over 2082 electrical safety checks
- Completed over 3045 new asbestos surveys
- Monitored and maintained all water systems
Investing in your home
We invested in customer homes with:
- A £6.1m ground source heat programme
- Spending £18.4m
- A 98.8% customer satisfaction rate and
- A 93% energy performance certificate rating of C or above
Providing Energy Advice
The energy advice we provided customers helped them to save £141,000. We also assisted customers with claims for new and/or additional benefits amounting to £7.2m additional income for customers.
Keeping you safe at home
A dedicated Building Safety Team established to ensure that we are engaging and involving customers in the safety of their homes. To this end, we continued with a £10m investment programme into sprinkler systems (as part of a 3 year programme).
Here's a glimpse of the customer feedback we received this year and how we handled it:
- We received 383 complaints and 292 compliments
- We resolved 98% of complaints within 10 days
- We handled customer complaints satisfactorily 82.8% of the time
- We answered 95.7% of our phone calls promptly
Giving something back
Even in a year like no other, charitable giving and supporting our local communities remained top of our list. We are proud to have:
- Raised £21,390 for MQ, our Charity of Choice
Delivered 6,516 hours of volunteering collectively as a team
One Team Transforming lives
We always aim to deliver excellent services to you. We do this by having cutting edge employment practices, so our people are well trained and engaged in the service they deliver to you. We aim to maximise our contribution to making the environment better, creating apprenticeships, and creating equal opportunities for all. We enter awards to share how we are continually striving to be the best we can be for you and our colleagues. Pleased as we are to get this recognition we are never complacent and continually invite and welcome feedback. If there is anything you think we can do better, please tell us by emailing email@example.com or by calling our customer feedback team on 0161 474 2600.
We were named number 1 'Best Housing Organisation to work for' at Best Companies for the 2nd year running, and retained Investing in People platinum during a year of uncertainty, our ‘World Class’ engagement has meant we have continued to deliver excellent services to our customers by working collaboratively, guided by our mission “One Team – Transforming Lives”.
Helping people get online
Our approach to being more digital also extends to our customers. This year we've helped people get online by:
- Working with Starting Point
- Loaning 275 devices to customers
- Supporting 17 digital champions who gave 50 hours of their time
- Supporting 208 unique online learners
Opportunities for customer engagement
We encourage our customers to engage with us in ways that best suit them. We currently offer these opportunities for customer engagement:
- Becoming a member of a Tenant Board
- Joining our Customer Scrutiny Panel
- Joining our Customer Review Panel
- Taking part in online surveys
- Taking part in telephone surveys
- Sharing opinions on social media
- Getting involved with Communities Champions and groups
- Joining our Digital Champions programme
- Volunteering in various capacities
- Being a part of our Community Fund Panel
- Writing to us or ringing us
Value for Money
Our Value for Money team helped our customers to save £1,719,002 last year. Here are two examples of areas impacted:
- Encouraged mutual exchange for in need households saving £178,000
- Reduced legal action on ASB services £191,000