At Stockport Homes, we feel it is important to be open and transparent with our customers, and we are fully committed to our Together with Tenants commitments.
As part of our commitment to communicate with customers we have set out our performance on complaints handling for 2021/22 (April 2021 to March 2022). For more detail you can also read our 2021/22 Year End Customer Feedback reports.
Number of complaints received
We closed 288 new formal complaints during the year, with eight complaints being heard at stage 2 of our complaints process
Time taken to resolve complaints
Stage 1 cases were resolved in an average of eight working days (target 10 working days)
Percentage of complaints resolved within target
97% of stage 1 complaints were resolved within the target of 10 days
Customer satisfaction with complaints
73% of customers who responded to our survey said they were either satisfied or very satisfied with how their complaint was handled, irrespective of the outcome of the complaint.
Most common areas of complaint
49% of complaints were in relation to Maintenance and Commercial Services (Repairs). Of the complaints about this service, a significant number were owing to time taken to complete repairs and/or communication relating to this. · Across all service areas, we identified that communication with customers was a key aspect of a number of complaint
We received 204 compliments during the year. A large number of these related to where individual staff members had gone above and beyond to provide excellent levels of service and care.
Learning and improving from complaints
At Stockport Homes we value all forms of customer feedback. We use the learning from complaints to drive improvements to the services we provide to our customers. Here are a few examples of improvements which have come about following customer feedback during the first half of the year:
· Improvement to the system used to manage calls to the out of hours repairs service, making it easier for customers to reach the service.
· We have worked with a new repairs subcontractor to ensure that they meet the excellent levels of customer service we and our customers expect, meaning complex drainage issues are resolved more quickly.
· We have improved our internal process for arranging emergency gain entries to properties to ensure that affected customers are always kept fully informed of developments.
· Training has been provided to ensure that urgent shower replacements are carried out more quickly where this is needed.
· The property sign-up checklist was improved to ensure customers are aware of responsibilities relating to solar PV panels where they are installed.
· A new working process was agreed to ensure that some priority Minor Adaptations can be processed via the Repairs and Maintenance Team where above the existing £500 threshold for such works. This has resulted in some customers benefitting from adaptations more quickly, rather than via the Major Adaptation process.
Customer Feedback reports
You can read our feedback reports below. We also tell you about complaints and compliments in the Stockport at home. You can download a copy of the Stockport at home newsletter from the publications section.