We can help you adapt your home or carry out essential repairs and/or improvements.
If you are, or you know someone is living in Stockport and would like help, please call 0161 474 4291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please see the links below.
The following help is provided:
- Advice from a building surveyor about essential repairs / improvements / adaptations.
- Quotes for work from builders or specialist contractors.
- Help to find the money to pay for the work if you do not have sufficient funds.
- Supervising work that you ask us to arrange.
- Ensuring you are receiving the correct benefits and help you apply for benefits if you are not; and
- Advising you about other services you may be interested in.
If you cannot afford the cost of work yourself, we will work with you to try to find the money you need. You might be eligible for a grant from the Council or another organisation.
Council grants are usually means-tested and will be repayable in certain circumstances. Grant funding is limited and not always available. The Council is under no obligation to fund the work you need unless work is to pay for specific types of adaptation when special rules apply.
For more information about the Council grant for essential repairs see Stockport Council's Private Sector Housing investment and Assistance Policy.
For additional information about the grant for adaptations, take a look the at Disabled Facilities Grant.
Adapting your home leaflet
This leaflet gives you some general information about the grant process and describes the main steps involved when you apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant in Stockport.
Home Improvement Agency leaflet
This leaflet provides you with more information about the Home Improvement Agency services, which will help you continue living independently in your own home.