Each of our sheltered housing schemes has an Independent Living Officer who is on hand to help with:
- Day-to-day running of the scheme
- Daily welfare checks
- Home visits
- Induction for new residents
- Needs and risk assessment and support planning
- Advice and information
- Social activities
- Acting on the resident's behalf
- Problems and complaints
- Assisting residents to access appropriate services
- Health and safety and security of the scheme
The Independent Living Officers assist in making referrals for personal care or medical assistance. The hours worked will vary depending on the size and needs of the scheme. Support is available outside of these hours via the wider team of Independent Living Officers and via Carecall. Specific hours are posted on scheme notice boards.
For more information about our individual schemes, please see the sheltered housing schemes page.