CCTV footage

There are strict guidelines on the production and release of recorded material from the Control Room. 

For images that are recorded onto the computer hard drive, there's a complete audit trail. There is a complete audit trail from start to finish. 

Requesting CCTV footage 

We cannot accept requests from individuals for CCTV footage. We would accept requests from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) or an insurance company. If you need CCTV footage you should contact GMP or your insurance company in the first instance. If you wish to make a subject access request linked to a specific matter, you can do so by completing the CCTV request form.  

Please be aware that footage is held for 23 days from the time of the incident / recording. You should submit your request as soon as possible after the incident / recording to allow enough time for the request to be received and processed before the footage is deleted. 

Only requests for personal data will be processed. 

Greater Manchester Police and insurance companies should request CCTV footage using the form below: 

CCTV data request form

Subject access request

The Data Protection Act gives you the right to ask an organisation for a copy of some or all the personal data it processes about you. This is called the right of subject access. 

If you make a subject access request (SAR) to ask for copies of your personal data held on the CCTV system, we will provide you with all the personal data you're entitled to under the Data Protection Legislation within the appropriate timescale.  

Subject access request 

We can only supply copies of your own personal data. We cannot provide details of other people or vehicles that you may be looking for.  


To make a request, download and complete the form below: