Support available

Independent Living Officers are able to provide assistance with a range of housing and well-being needs including:  

  • Providing re-housing advice.  
  • Support to obtain furniture & household items.  
  • Assistance applying for furnished tenancies for Stockport Homes tenants.   
  • Budgeting & benefit advice.  
  • Assisting customers to report incidents of anti-social behaviour.  
  • To liaise with & signpost to other organisations and agencies that can support with employment, education, counselling and more.  
  • Support to address rent arrears.  
  • Assisting Stockport Homes tenants to log repair issues.   
  • Help to address issues with property condition & specialist support for customers affected by hoarding behaviours.  
  • A specialist Independent Living Officer to support customers to access social activities in the community & reduce social isolation.  
  • Delivering intensive support to customers with a history of homelessness that have secured a tenancy with Stockport Homes.  

If you require ad-hoc housing support, the Independent Living Team are available at Cornerstone reception Monday – Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm.   

Furnished Tenancy Scheme

This scheme aims to help you set up your home if you do not have furniture, do not have sufficient funds to purchase furniture or you are not able to access a Stockport Local Assistance Scheme Grant to get the items you need. 

Furnished tenancies are only available to Stockport Homes tenants. 

To refer yourself or someone else to the service please visit the Furnished Tenancy Scheme page  

Independent Living Team Referral

Please enter full address (including postcode)
For example, housing history over the last 5 years or involvement with other agencies etc.

For more information, please contact the Independent Living Team on  0161 474 3772 or email [email protected].