There are a number of local sessions you can attend:
- Monday 9.45am – 10.45am, Sliver-surfers, Arthur Greenwood Centre, Hipley Close Woodley – Contact James [email protected]
Community Online Group, Offerton Community Centre Mallowdale Rd Offerton – contact Louise Evans 07875 990222
- Tuesday 10.15am – 11.15am for tablet device users who wants to improve their online skills.
Starting Point sessions across Stockport – Contact James [email protected] or the DigiKnow helpline 07724 217888
- Tuesdays 10-11am at Start Point café, Woodley, SK6 1RJ . Learn about a useful topic in the community room at Start Point, or drop in with your questions to our table by the window in the café space.
- Tuesdays 2-3pm 3-4pm York street Community Centre, Edgeley, SK3 9HT
- Thursdays 10.30 – 11.30 and 11.30 -12.30. Cornerstone, Stockport Homes building (town centre) Edward Street, SK1 3NQ
Friday 10am – 11am and 11am – 12pm Start Point Café, Woodley, SK6 1RJ
Drop in table available by the window in the café space, or come along and learn about a useful topic in our community room.
Walthew House Tech Club the second Thursday of the month for people with hearing or sight impairment 0161 480 2612Walthrew House, Shaw Heath SK2 6QS.email [email protected]
Would you like to come to an online digital skills group and learn from home? Would you like to come to a computer class in Lancashire Hill or Bridgehall?
Let Starting Point know as we are collecting interest for new groups.
Learn My Way - Learn My Way offer a range of free digital courses.
GCF Global – help guides on a range of topics from basic skills up to using Microsoft office products
Ability Net – lots of useful guides on adaptations you can make to your devices if you have a disability plus support on the phone or from local volunteers.
Starting Point offers free basic digital skills training throughout Stockport including:
- Informal digital skills sessions in Woodley, Cornerstone (town centre) Lancashire Hill, Edgeley and online
- Support to fill in online forms, apply for jobs online, feel more confident to go on the internet or learn to use a tablet, laptop or computer. Starting Point do our best to help with any digital questions.
- DigiKnow digital device lending library – borrow a tablet or laptop for up to 5 months
- Help to access the national databank for free mobile internet access (up to 25mb)
- DigiKnow digital helpline – digital support over the phone or signposting to local and national help - 07724 217888
- Regular training for people who would like to volunteer as a DigiKnow Digital champion
- DigiKnow friends training if you want an introduction to helping others get online and signposting to local support
For more information please email [email protected] or phone / text 07724 217888
You can find out about other digital sessions across the Borough by visiting Stockport Local.
The National Databank, from Good Things Foundation can help if you are on a low income and struggle with the cost of mobile data (accessing the internet on your phone)
A databank sim will give you unlimited free calls, free texts and up to 25gb of mobile data. You can use this in your phone or a device like a tablet if it takes a sim card.
Starting Point in Stockport can discuss with you if the databank is right for you, and set up your device on the databank
Call the DigiKnow helpline on 07724 217888 to find out more or email [email protected]
Starting Point website info about the Databank and Digiknow Digital device lending library: https://startpoint.org.uk/digital-learning/digital-lending-library-and-databank/