There are a number of local sessions you can attend:
- Monday 9.45am – 10.45am, Sliver-surfers, Arthur Greenwood Centre, Hipley Close Woodley – Contact James 07724 217888 or email email@example.com
Community Online Group, Offerton Community Centre Mallowdale Rd Offerton – contact Louise Evans 07875 990222
- Tuesday 10.15am – 11.15am for tablet device users who wants to improve their online skills.
- Tuesday 11.20am – 12.20pm learn how to email, stay safe online, use search engines, social media.
- York St Community Centre, Bengal Street, Edgeley – Tuesday afternoons contact is James@startpoint.org or 07957 471 850
- Walthew House Tech Club the second Thursday of the month for people with hearing or sight impairment 0161 480 2612
Starting Point sessions across Stockport – Contact James James@startpoint.org or the DigiKnow helpline 07724 217888
- Tuesdays 10-11am and 11am – 12.00pm Start Point café, Woodley, SK6 1RJ
- Tuesdays 2-3pm 3-4pm York street Community Centre, Edgeley, SK3 9HT
- Wednesday 11-am- 12pm E-coffee morning online on Zoom
- Wednesdays Tech and Toast Lancashire Hill, SK5 7RP
- Thursdays 11.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30 – 2pm Cornerstone Stockport Homes building (Town centre) SK1 3NQ
- Friday 10am – 11am and 11am – 12pm Start Point café, Woodley, SK6 1RJ
Walthew House Tech Club the second Thursday of the month for people with hearing or sight impairment 0161 480 2612Walthrew House, Shaw Heath SK2 6QS.email firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Point offers free basic digital skills training throughout Stockport including:
- Informal digital skills sessions in Woodley, Cornerstone (town centre) Lancashire Hill, Edgeley and online
- Support to fill in online forms, apply for jobs online, feel more confident to go on the internet or learn to use a tablet, laptop or computer. Starting Point do our best to help with any digital questions.
- DigiKnow digital device lending library – borrow a tablet or laptop for up to 5 months
- Help to access the national databank for free mobile internet access (up to 25mb)
- DigiKnow digital helpline – digital support over the phone or signposting to local and national help - 07724 217888
- Regular training for people who would like to volunteer as a DigiKnow Digital champion
- DigiKnow friends training if you want an introduction to helping others get online and signposting to local support
For more information please email email@example.com or phone / text 07724 217888