Pay As You Go Home Contents Insurance
Please fill in the application form below:
For more information about how Allianz Insurance plc use your personal data, you can find a copy of the Fair Processing Notice at www.allianz.co.uk. Alternatively, you can request a printed version by calling 0330 102 1837, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Allianz, 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1DB.
- Under the conditions of your policy you must tell us about any incidents (such as fire, water damage, theft or an accident) whether or not they give rise to a claim. When you tell us about an incident we will pass information relating to it to a database.
- We may search these databases when you apply for insurance, in the event of any incident or claim, or at a time of renewal to validate your claims history or that of any other person or property likely to be involved in the policy or claim.
Stockport Homes does not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes and other household risks. You need to take out your own insurance. Under a special scheme arranged with Allianz Insurance plc, it’s easy for you to protect your belongings. You can arrange your insurance at a special low cost rate. The scheme is open to all the tenants and leaseholders of Stockport Homes.
Payment of the premium
Premiums are calculated on a weekly basis and can be paid at any Post Office or Paypoint terminal, by Debit or Credit Card or by Standing Order through your bank. Payments may also be made directly at Stopford House.
When you are accepted onto the scheme you will receive a welcome letter which will advise you of the amount you need to pay and when the first payment has to be made.
Insurance for your furniture, TV, clothing, carpets, electrical items and general household goods
When you take out this insurance most of your household goods and contents will be insured in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability, and cover for damage to your landlords fixtures and fittings which you may be legally responsible for under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Full details of the policy cover applying are available on request.
Insurance against fire, theft, vandalism, water damage and other household risks
These are examples of the types of risk your contents will be insured for. Full details of the policy cover applying are available on request.
In addition to your standard contents cover, you have the option to add any of the following additional covers at an extra cost:
- Personal possessions cover (cover away from the home)
- Cover for the structure of garden huts, greenhouses and garages
- Hearing aid cover
- Wheelchair cover
Cover automatically includes extended accidental damage.
All your home contents are covered by the policy on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear. When you are working out the cost of your insurance, you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace the full contents. If you underinsure your contents, any claim payment will be reduced to the same proportion as the contents sum insured bears to the full replacement cost.
Special low minimum sums insured
The lowest amount that can be insured is:
** £4,000 sum insured only available to residents in sheltered accommodation
* £6,000 - £35,000 sum insured only available to tenants and leaseholders aged 55 and over
£9,000 - £35,000 sum insured available to all other tenants and leaseholders
Cost of Insurance
You can work out the cost of your insurance by following these three easy steps:
1. Use the do-it-yourself valuation sheet here to work out how much cover you need.
2. Now refer to the premium table here to select the premium you will pay.
3. Return completed form to:
Customer Finance (Home Contents Insurance)
Stockport Homes Group
2 Edward Street
You can use the below to work out your weekly premium
Answer number 1 with the cover selected for the weekly premium for your sum insured.
If you have selected any of the optional covers answer the weekly premium in boxes 2 to 5.
Add the answers together and for the total in number 6.
If you need help working out your weekly premium you can contact the Customer Finance Team on 0161 474 2820.
1) Standard inc. Extended Accidental Damage and Personal Possessions
2) Personal Possessions
3) Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
4) Hearing Aids
5) Sheds and Garages
6) Total Weekly Premium
How to apply
Option 1: Print and complete the application form. Make sure that you answer all the questions, and all applicants sign in the signature box(es) on the declaration page. Once you have completed the form detach it and hand it in or post to Customer Finance (Home Contents Insurance), Stockport Homes Group, Cornerstone, 2 Edward Street, Stockport, SK1 3NQ.
If you are completing the form electronically, please use option 2.
Option 2: Complete the application form above. Make sure that you answer all the questions, and insert all applicants names in the signature box(es) on the declaration page. Once you have completed the form, use the CLICK & SUBMIT button on the declaration page.
If you want any help filling in the form, please contact the Customer Finance Team on 0161 474 2820.
Keeping up the payments
• To make sure that you are always covered you must keep up to date with your payments.
• You will not be allowed to make a claim unless your payments are up to date.
• Your insurance may be cancelled if you don’t keep your premiums up to date.
• Cover will start on the Monday after your application has been accepted.
• Stockport Homes will write to you with details of your new rent and the date when it starts which will be the date that the insurance cover. You will be notified in writing if for any reason, you have not been accepted onto the scheme.
• If during the period of your insurance cover your home is likely to be unoccupied (e.g. through hospitalisation, extended holiday) for more than 60 days in a row, or if there is any change in your risk circumstances such as a change of address, you will have to advise Stockport Homes.
• Remember, it is your responsibility to establish whether cover can continue and that the sum insured is sufficient to cover all your household items and personal effects.
• You do need to have a clear rent account to be accepted on the scheme.
• Housing Benefit does not apply to insurance premiums.
Stockport Homes urges all our tenants and leaseholders to take out home contents insurance, either through our special scheme or by making your own arrangements.
Allianz Important Notice May 2018