We know that there are lots of our customers out there doing and achieving great things to transform their life or the lives of others in their community.
If you know a person or a community group who work hard to benefit their neighbourhood, or an individual who has impressed you with their commitment, passion and accomplishments nominate them now and help us to celebrate their success.
Send us your nominations by 30th September 2018!
It’s a great and easy way to give recognition and show your appreciation for the hard work and commitment of community volunteers. The shortlisted nominees will be invited to an awards evening where their achievements will be celebrated. The winners will receive a contribution towards a health and wellbeing activity of their choice (terms and conditions apply).
What you need to know:
• All nominations should be for a Stockport Homes customer or customer group and/or be of benefit to Stockport Homes’ communities.
• Stockport Homes’ staff and other agency staff can nominate individuals and groups.
• Nominations cannot be accepted for Stockport Homes’ employees.
• Customer groups can nominate themselves for awards.
• Nominees should not have received an award for the same activity in previous years. Nominations should be for a new activity that has taken place since their last STAR Award nomination. If individuals/groups are nominated for the same activity in multiple categories their nomination will only be considered in the category where it best meets the criteria.
• All nominations must be submitted to the Customer and Community Engagement Team by midnight on Sunday 30th September 2018. Any nominations received after this time will not be considered.
• Nominators / nominees cannot be part of the judging panel.
• A panel of judges will carefully consider all of the nominations received and will shortlist a top three in each category and choose the winner. To make this as fair as possible the panel will include customers and members of staff from Stockport Homes.
• The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Friday 30th November 2018.
• The winners’ names and photographs will be published in the local media, Stockport Homes’ website and social media channels. Information will be handled and dealt with according to Stockport Homes’ Privacy Notice which is available here.
• Any photos submitted to support your nomination will only be returned on request.
• All nomination forms and photographs will be retained for a period of 12 months.
• Prizes must be claimed within six months and no later than 30th May 2019.
Star Awards 2018 Award Categories
Community Spirit Award
This award is for a person who works hard to benefit their neighbourhood or individuals; whether providing support and advice, caring for others or leading a community group to achieve their aims.
Community Initiative Award
This award is to celebrate a group, a project, community event or activity that has brought people together, helping to reduce isolation and to make the community safer, greener or healthier.
Individual Achievement Award
This award is to recognise an individual’s commitment to self-development. They will have shown commitment to self-improvement and worked hard to gain new skills and knowledge to transform their life.
If you have any queries about the awards or nominations, please email email@example.com
STAR Award nominations for 2018 are now closed