THE ENTRY DATE FOR THE 2019 STAR AWARDS HAS NOW CLOSED.
We know that there are lots of our customers out there doing and achieving great things to transform their life or the lives of others in their community.
If you know a person or a community group who work hard to benefit their neighbourhood, or an individual who has impressed you with their commitment, passion and accomplishments nominate them now and help us to celebrate their success.
Send us your nominations by 18th August 2019!
It’s a great and easy way to give recognition and show your appreciation for the hard work and commitment of community volunteers.
The shortlisted nominees will be invited to an awards evening on 3rd October 2019 where their achievements will be celebrated and winners announced. Winners will then be invited as VIP guests to the Stockport Homes Staff Awards event on 29th November 2019.
What you need to know:
• All nominations should be for a Stockport Homes customer or customer group and/or be of benefit to Stockport Homes’ communities.
• Stockport Homes’ staff and other agency staff can nominate individuals and groups.
• Nominations cannot be accepted for Stockport Homes’ employees.
• Customer groups can nominate themselves for awards.
• Nominees should not have received an award for the same activity in previous years. Nominations should be for a new activity that has taken place since their last STAR Award nomination. If individuals/groups are nominated for the same activity in multiple categories their nomination will only be considered in the category where it best meets the criteria.
• All nominations must be submitted to the Customer Engagement and Inclusion Team by midnight on Sunday 18th August 2019. Any nominations received after this time will not be considered.
• Nominators / nominees cannot be part of the judging panel.
• A panel of judges will carefully consider all of the nominations received and will shortlist a top three in each category and choose the winner. To make this as fair as possible the panel will include customers and members of staff from Stockport Homes.
• The winners will be announced at a customer awards ceremony on Thursday 3rd October 2019. Winners will then be invited to attend the Stockport Homes Staff Awards Ceremony on Friday 29th November 2019.
• The winners’ names and photographs will be published in the local media, Stockport Homes’ website and social media channels. Information will be handled and dealt with according to Stockport Homes’ Privacy Notice which is available here.
• Any photos submitted to support your nomination will only be returned on request.
• All nomination forms and photographs will be retained for a period of 12 months.
Star Awards 2019 Award Categories
Most Dedicated Volunteer Award (Individual)
A person who has shown genuine passion and put in significant effort to make a real difference in their local community.
Good Neighbour Award (Individual)
Someone who has gone above and beyond to support their neighbours, putting others before themselves and creating positive relationships around them.
Green Initiative Award (Group)
A group that has brought local people together to improve an external area, creating a vibrant, well-used and welcoming community space.
Community Spirit Award (Group)
This award is focussed on projects that have united the community, creating a real sense of team spirit and using this to deliver fantastic results!
Young Innovator Award (Individual under 25yrs)
A young person who stands out as showing true ambition and dedication, putting real effort into their personal development, supporting another person or achieving something great.
Personal Transformation Award (Individual)
An individual who has used their inner strength to make significant positive changes in their life, in spite of challenges they faced.
Community Safety Award (Individual)
Someone who has shown real courage and strength to challenge negative behaviour and make the local community a safer place.
Please fill out the form below by midnight Sunday 18th August 2019 to nominate someone.
If you have any queries about the awards or nominations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 218 1091