Following the Grenfell Tower tragedy in June 2017 we have been working closely with the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) to reassure customers living in blocks of flats about fire safety.
As part of this we are running a fire safety campaign in our blocks of flats during February. The campaign (run in partnership with GMFRS) includes:
- a free safe and well visit from GMFRS for every customer (see information below about safe and well visits);
- advice leaflets delivered through every door;
- posters prominently displayed in blocks;
- videos advising what to do when a fire breaks out in your flat or block (view the videos below); and
- advice on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Fire in your flat? Get out.
Fire in your building? Stay safe.
Fire in your building? What to do.
If you have any concerns about fire safety in your block, please speak to the Neighbourhoods Team on 0161 217 6016.
If you don’t live in one of our blocks, don’t worry, you can still arrange a free safe and well visit by calling Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue on freephone 0800 555 815 or visit www.manchesterfire.gov.uk