See below your responsibilities as a tenant:
- Know what to do in the event of a fire in your property or another part of the building.
- Live safely in your own flat and do not do anything to put other residents at risk, for example do not make alterations to your flat entrance fire door without permission.
- Let the Building Safety Team know if your living circumstances change and mean you may not be able to self-evacuate in the event of a fire.
- Ensure you check your smoke detectors are working at least once a month.
- Be respectful to your neighbours and keep the space outside your flat clear of rubbish or other items such as prams, buggies, or mobility scooters.
- Use the bin chutes safely to dispose of rubbish. Speak to your caretaking team if you have problems disposing of bulky items.
- Report any issues in your block to Stockport Homes, particularly if you feel it is a fire safety concern. The relevant service areas are detailed in the Resident Building Safety Booklet