What is Rainbow Roofs?
Rainbow Roofs supports LGBT+ customers in the North West in partnership with HouseProud.
We meet once a month and focused on raising the voices of LGBT+ customers and issues impacting them. We are a group focused on support, action and socialising.
We know how isolating it can feel when your Housing Association doesn’t recognise your pronouns, or doesn’t understand additional support you need as a member of the LGBT+ community.
That is why alongside our monthly meetings we also have ‘Rainbow Roofs Live’ an opportunity for members to meet in person, get to know each other and have a hot drink. These are held in different locations across the North West.
What do we do?
- Runs an annual joint conference with HouseProud.
- Investigates hate crime and its impact on LGBT+ people.
- Explores housing for older LGBT+ people.
- LGBT+ calendar of events.
- LGBT+ training for MSV colleagues.
- Conducted Life swaps to learn about different areas of the LGBT+ community.
- Spoken at multiple Housing Associations about stigma and lived experiences.
How can you join?
If you would like to find out more about the group of join one of our social events please email [email protected] we would love to have you!