9 Paid Job Placements Available for young people through Kickstart scheme
We are excited to be a part of the Kickstart scheme, a national scheme by Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), creating new jobs for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment. We are offering paid six-month job placements within Stockport Homes Group. This is an exciting time to find out about the world of work and gain skills in your chosen career. We have 9 job placements available working alongside our experienced and friendly teams.
The paid job placements are for 25 hours per week. The opportunities are varied across the business and are all customer facing, so good communication skills and ability to work within a busy team and with customers is required. Please see below for the roles available.
1. ASB Case Support Officer to deliver a high quality, prompt and effective reports of anti-social behaviour, noise nuisance and hate incidents with good administrative skills.
2. Caretaker with good communications skills, to be part of the Environmental Services team responsible for the delivery of a range of environmental, green-space and facilities management services across Stockport Homes’ properties.
3. Furniture Assistant Trainee, who can drive, to assist the everyday running of the furniture recycling project and be involved in the delivery and collection of furniture to households in need.
4. Independent Living Assistant to help to support older people within sheltered schemes and provide a varied and appropriate programme of physical/health & well-being promotion activities based around the needs of older tenants within Stockport, and to make sure health and safety procedures are met within the sheltered schemes.
5. Customer Service Officer, with excellent customer service skills, to deliver high-level and comprehensive advice and guidance on services delivered through Stockport Homes Group and being often the first point of contact for customers telephoning the organisation.
6. Pantry Assistant, who can drive, to support the Your Local Pantry (YLP) volunteer team with the everyday running of the pantry schemes in Stockport, making sure The Pantries are fully stocked, taking deliveries and working closely with volunteers.
7 . Support Worker Trainee in Temporary Accommodation to support in the day-to-day running of the temporary accommodation schemes, maintaining a good standard of service, provided for homeless families, single men, single women, sited at 3 separate locations, in line with Safeguarding and other relevant procedures.
Please note. These two roles will be available to apply later during the Spring 2021, please keep an eye out for our social media:
8. Planner to work alongside our planning team on a daily basis scheduling repairs in both domestic / void and commercial contracts to assist with providing a quality repair service to both our customers and community on behalf of the Stockport Homes Group.
9. Plumber Trainee to provide a comprehensive plumbing service in accordance with the relevant safety regulations and departmental procedures, ensuring that all work is undertaken to the customer and client’s satisfaction.
How to apply
- To be eligible you must be between 16–24 years old and claiming Universal Credit
- To apply, you will need to discuss this with your Jobcentre Plus Work Coach, who will then approve your choice of vacancy and refer you to your vacancy of choice. It’s that simple.
- If you would like any additional information about the roles, please contact Jamie Hine on 0796 6425 961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once referred, you will be invited to one of our open days on w.c. 11th January, followed by an interview with the Head of your chosen team.
Please find out more about Kickstart from DWP’s website: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme