Support available

If you require housing support, an individual support plan will be drawn up between you and the Independent Living Officer. This will include an on-going package of visits and support, which will be reviewed monthly.  

The services available include: 

  • Advice on different housing options 
  • Help with getting furniture and household goods 
  • Advice on budgeting and benefits  
  • To liaise with, and signpost to, other organisations and agencies that can support with employment, education, counselling and more. 
  • Help attending first appointments  
  • Drop-in surgeries at Cornerstone Monday-Friday, 1pm-4pm 
  • Furnished tenancies - help with carpeting, furniture, white goods 
  • Block support - we have a dedicated officer in the blocks 
  • Drop-in surgeries for people living in temporary accommodation 
  • Help with your support needs through our Housing Support Officers 
Furnished Tenancy Scheme

This scheme aims to help you set up your home if you do not have furniture, do not have sufficient funds to purchase furniture or you are not able to access a Stockport Local Assistance Scheme Grant to get the items you need. 

Furnished tenancies are only available to Stockport Homes tenants. 

To refer yourself or someone else to the service please visit the Furnished Tenancy Scheme page  

Independent Living – Housing Support Referral Form

Please enter full address (including postcode)
For example, housing history over the last 5 years or involvement with other agencies etc.

For more information, please contact the Independent Living Team on  0161 474 3772 or email