Each of our sheltered housing schemes has a Independent Living Coordinator who is on hand to help with:
- day-to-day running of the scheme
- daily welfare checks
- home visits
- induction for new residents
- needs and risk assessment and support planning
- advice and information
- social activities
- acting on the residents behalf
- problems and complaints
- assisting residents to access appropriate services
- health and safety and security of the scheme
The Independent Living Coordinator’s role is a support role and they do not undertake personal care tasks or medical assistance. The hours worked will vary depending on the size and needs of the scheme but the scheme manager will generally work Monday to Friday. Specific hours are posted on scheme notice boards. Cover is also provided by other coordinators and Carecall.
Carecall provide emergency cover 24 hours per day 365 days per annum whenever the Independent Living Coordinator is off duty. For more information on Carecall, please go to the Carecall website.
For more information about our individual schemes, please see the sheltered housing schemes page.