We advertise available properties each week through Homechoice. We always have a lot more people applying for our homes than we have properties available and you may need to look at other housing options.
How it works
- If you want a home with us then register online
- We let you know how many rehousing points you have and what size and type of home you can apply for. For details of how we decide how many points you have, see our Allocations Policy
- We advertise our available homes on our search for a home website
- You choose up to 3 properties each week that are suitable for you. We call this ‘bidding’ and you can do this through our search for a home website
- An advert lasts from 5am Wednesday through until 5pm the following Tuesday. At the end of each week we offer properties to the applicants with the highest level of rehousing points.
- If someone refuses a property, then we offer it to the applicant with the next highest level of rehousing points.
- There are always more people applying for properties than we have homes becoming available
- You need to register with us to bid for properties
- Bidding means choosing up to 3 properties each week you are interested in
- The quickest way to register and bid is online
- It is not first come first served – you have all week to bid
- If you need extra help we can register you by telephone or a home visit
You can also find out your chances of getting a property through Homechoice.