Skip to main content
  • Text size
  • Change contrast


Is the font size readable? Or could it be increased? Select Accessibility at any time in order to increase it.

You can also quickly access any online services, such as paying your rent or reporting a repair.

Discussion points

Customer notice: One number

We have 'one number' for Repairs, Homechoice, paying your rent and Neighbourhood Housing. Call these teams on 0161 217 6016.

See what the community around you are saying, or have a question you have had on your mind answered by our team of housing professionals and experts.

If you need an urgent answer to your question, please call us on 0161 217 6016. Also, please note that if you post a question on a weekend or Bank Holiday it will be answered on the next working day.

  • Apply online

    Eileen Johnson: Can I apply online?

    Stockport Homes:

    Yes, you can apply online for housing. Simply go to,200:: and complete the form. If you have any problems or would like to discuss your housing application you can speak to the Homechoice team on 0161 217 6016.

  • Change of address

    How do I inform you of a change of address?

    Stockport Homes:

    If you are applying for a property with Stockport Homes and your address details change you will need to information the Homechoice team by emailing or calling the team on 0161 217 6016.

    If you are living in a Stockport Homes property and your contact details change you will need to let your area housing office know. Please go to the my tenancy page of the website for contact details for the area offices.

  • Close of bidding

    Emily: Once a bidding line has closed when will I know if I have been short listed? Will I find out either way if I have or haven't?

    Stockport Homes:

    Once the bidding has closed on a Tuesday the shortlists are run by the Neighbourhoods Team on a Wednesday who then contact the successful applicants. If you were successful you would generally hear by the end of Friday. 

  • Homechoice points

    How many points do I need for a Council property?

    Stockport Homes:

    To give you an idea of how many points you may need to get a property through Homechoice, please see the lettings statistics on the Homechoice page. We advise people to be flexible with the areas they want to live in to increase their chances of being offered a property. If you would like to discuss your application in more detail, please contact the Homechoice Team on 0161 217 6016 or email 

  • Problem neighbours

    Colin Evans: Please can you advise me what to do about problem neighbours

    Stockport Homes:

    Reporting anti-social behaviour is the first step to stopping it. Have as much information to hand as you can, names, dates, street names and times are very useful if you have them. Speak to our Anti-Social Behaviour Team on 0161 218 1498.

  • Rent free weeks

    When are the rent free weeks for 2017/18.

    Stockport Homes:

    The rent free weeks for 2017/18 are listed below. These have also been added to the My rent page.

    Week 1    – Week commencing 03/04/2017
    Week 14  – Week commencing 03/07/2017
    Week 39  – Week commencing 25/12/2017
    Week 52  – Week commencing 26/03/2018


  • Homechoice bidding

    Emily Butler: Once I have placed a bid on a property through Homechoice, what happens next?

    Stockport Homes:

    Your bidding position can change throughout the week as more customers place bids on properties. The position of your bid can go up or down throughout the week, depending on the number of points other applicants have. Properties are offered to the applicants with the highest level of points. Once bidding closes on a Tuesday at 5pm the properties are then shortlisted, and offers are sent out to the successful bidders on Wednesday mornings. If you need any help please call the Homechoice Team on 0161 217 6016.

  • Rent

    I am behind with my rent and struggling with my money – what can I do?

    Stockport Homes:

    We can carry out a full assessment of your financial circumstances and provide advice and assistance, which could include:

    • Checking what benefits you might be able to claim and assisting you with any applications and forms and applying for backdates
    • Maximising your income by making sure you are getting the best deals on your bills so that you have more money left over
    • Advice and help if your benefits are stopped or reduced
    • Providing advice on managing any existing debts
    • Helping you to make the most of your money

    Please contact the Money Advice Team on 0161 474 4609 or email

  • Boiler

    My boiler is making funny noises and doesn’t seem to be working properly

    Stockport Homes:

    All calls for day-to-day repairs to properties managed by Stockport Homes are handled by the Customer Contact Centre. The Contact Centre is able to take your calls each weekday from 8.00am to 5.00pm.

    Emergency repairs can be reported 24 hours a day by calling the Contact Centre on 0161 217 6016. Other repair requests can be telephoned through to the Contact Centre which is open from 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Repairs can also be reported at any time by emailing or sending a text message from a mobile phone to 07860 035423. The repair request is automatically sent through to us. We may telephone you to clarify your request and / or to arrange a suitable visit appointment.

    Emergency repairs will be responded to within four hours at any time of the day or night. Appointments can only be made during office hours.

    Evening and weekend repairs appointments are available by prior agreement. To maintain efficiencies and keep costs down, we offer a core service of Wednesday evenings up to 5pm and Saturday mornings from 8.00am to noon.

  • Noisy neighbours

    My neighbours are noisy and I am having problems sleeping due to loud music – what do I do?

    Stockport Homes:

    Reporting anti-social behaviour is the first step to stopping it. Have as much information to hand as you can, names, dates, street names and times are very useful if you have them. Speak to our Anti-Social Behaviour Team on 0161 218 1498.

  • Apply for housing

    How do I get a home with Stockport Homes?

    Stockport Homes:

    We advertise all our properties to rent along with some housing association properties through our Homechoice scheme.

    Renting a home from Homechoice is a very popular option and we have more people applying for homes than properties becoming available. Therefore, it is important that you are flexible about the type and location of property you are willing to live in. 

    Apply for a home (new window) 

    You can also find out more about how we let our homes and your chances of being offered a property.

  • Food pantries

    My family are struggling financially at the moment and I could do with help from the pantry scheme – what do I need to do?

    Stockport Homes:

    We have set up a number of local pantries to help our customers save money on their food bills.

    To find out more about pantries in your area, please click on the links below.

    For more information or to become a member, please contact Anna Jones, Food Sharing Officer on 0161 474 4760 or email

  • Christmas savings

    I would like to save up for Christmas and have heard about the Christmas savings – what is this?

    Stockport Homes:

    Stockport Credit Union offers savings accounts to people living or working in Stockport. If you are interested, please visit the Stockport Credit Union website (new window) or call the Credit Union on 0161 430 5808 for more information.

  • Head office

    I am attending a meeting at the head office and I'm not sure where it is

    Stockport Homes:

    Our Head Office is based at Cornerstone, 2 Edward Street, Stockport, SK1 3NQ. Please see our contact us page for a map of our location.

  • Child safety

    I have concerns about a child on my street and think she is being neglected and I don't know what to do

    Stockport Homes:

    We are committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and adults at risk and have a policy in place to make sure all of our staff follow. You should contact:

    • Stockport Council's Children's Social Care on 0161 217 6028
    • Stockport Council's out of hours service on 0161 718 2118
    • Stockport Police on 0161 872 5050
    • NSPCC Child Protection helpline on 0808 800 5000
    • In an emergency situation please call 999

  • Benefits

    I need some help with benefits

    Stockport Homes:

    If you need some help and guidance about a certain benefit, or want to make sure you’re receiving the right benefits, there is lots of help and information available online, you can find out more by clicking on the links below.

    If you need help or advise please contact the Money Advice Team on 0161 474 4609 or email

    Where to find benefit information (new window) gives information on working age benefits, such as Universal Credit, ESA, JSA and Income Support.

    The Pension Service (new window) provide information about pensions and pensioner benefits. For example: State Pension, Pension Credit.

    HM Revenue and Customs (new window) gives information on family benefits. For example: Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit.

    Stockport Council (new window) has information about Housing and Council Tax Benefit.

    Citizens Advice Bureau (new window) offers information about benefits, debt, employment, tax and money management.

    Entitledto (new window) allows you to complete your own benefit check online.

  • Social media

    Do Stockport Homes have Facebook and Twitter pages

    Stockport Homes:

    Yes we advertise all of our events, jobs and training through Facebook and Twitter – please see links below.


  • Bidding

    Huda Alshawi: I found a house but I don't know how to make a bid. Could you help me please.

    Stockport Homes:

    If you have registered with Homechoice you can place a bid on a property by visiting the search for a home website. If you have any problems or queries about the bidding process, please contact the Homechoice team on 0161 217 6016.

  • Moving into a new Council property

    Claire Saunders: I am due to view a new property I have been offered and wish to accept it. However, the way my partner and my payday falls means we would not have the money required to pay the first weeks rent in advance and other moving expenses. I am wondering how long would be allowed between accepting the property and completing the sign up and receiving the keys?

    Stockport Homes:

    You will need to speak to the Neighbourhoods Team and the Customer Finance team about this by calling them on 0161 217 6016.

  • Tenancy

    What happens when a mother has a tenancy but moves out and leaves?

    Stockport Homes:

    You will need to speak to your housing office to discuss this in more detail. You can do this by calling 0161 217 6016.

Share this page:
Page last reviewed 14/11/2018