Skip to main content
  • Text size
  • Change contrast


Is the font size readable? Or could it be increased? Select Accessibility at any time in order to increase it.

You can also quickly access any online services, such as paying your rent or reporting a repair.

Update your UC claim from 3rd April 2019

Make sure you have updated your online claim with details of your new rent charges as your payments may be wrong if you don’t do this. 

You will need to tell the DWP that your rent has changed. Check your journal regularly as the DWP should prompt you to do this and we have provided a step-by-step guide to help you here. You will need to log into your online Universal Credit account on or just after 3rd April 2019.

If you are experiencing any difficulties accessing your account online you must contact the Job Centre in Stockport straight away. If you are on a joint Universal Credit claim the lead/main claimant will need to report the change online.

Once you have logged into your claim you will need to follow these steps:

Step 1: Select the 'HOME' option at the top left hand side of the page, then choose the option to 'Report a Change'.

Step 2: Scroll down and click on the 'Where you live and what it costs' option.

Step 3: You will then be asked a series of questions which you will need to respond to in order to move to the next step. These include:

  • What has changed? Select ‘something else’
  • When did this change happen? Input 01/04/2019
  • Do you have Housing Costs? Select ‘Yes’
  • Where do you live now? Select the first option in the list which starts ‘I rent from a council.’
  • Confirm your property address

Step 4: The next few questions are really important and the amounts you will need for this can be found on the letter you received last month detailing your charges from 1st April 2019.

If you’re unsure of the amounts to include contact Stockport Homes rents team on 0161 217 6016, option 3 and they will be able to provide you with the details over the phone.

The next part of this step will ask you to confirm Stockport Homes as your landlord so please input 0161 217 6016 as the contact telephone number and as the email address when prompted.

Step 5: Once you have submitted the change check your journal to make sure the record of this is showing. Your journal can be accessed by selecting the option on the top right hand side of the home page.

If you need support with this come to Cornerstone between 2pm and 4pm Monday to Friday and someone will assist you or call 0161 217 6016 option 3.


Share this page:
Page last reviewed 29/03/2019