Before you make a Universal Credit (UC) claim you will need an email address and to make sure you’ve got the following information to hand:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Details of your income and savings
- Bank account details
- Childcare costs details (if you have any)
- Housing costs details (e.g. rent/mortgage costs and the name and address of your landlord/mortgage provider)
- Proof of Identity (such as your driving licence, passport or debit or credit card)
Most people should claim Universal Credit online. If you can’t use digital services at all (for example due to disability) you can contact the Universal Credit helpline:
Telephone: 0800 328 5644
Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644
Textphone: 0800 328 1344
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Click here to view the Easy step by step guide to claiming Universal Credit online.
Click here to view the How to make an online claim leaflet.
We have created the above self-help guides, we would love to get your feedback on them, please fill out this quick survey, by clicking here.