Skip to main content
  • Text size
  • Change contrast


Is the font size readable? Or could it be increased? Select Accessibility at any time in order to increase it.

You can also quickly access any online services, such as paying your rent or reporting a repair.

Independent Living – Housing Support

If you are moving into a new house or need support with your existing tenancy, the Independent Living Team can provide you with the help and support you need. 

For more information, please contact the Independent Living Team on 0161 474 3772 or email  

  • Support available

    If you require housing support, an individual support plan will be drawn up between you and the Independent Living Officer. This will include an on-going package of visits and support, which will be reviewed on a monthly basis. 

    The services available include:

    • advice on different housing options
    • help with getting furniture and household goods
    • advice on budgeting
    • advice on benefits
    • to liaise with other organisations and agencies 
    • to refer you to any relevant agencies, for example, employment support, education, training, volunteering, drug and alcohol services, counselling
    • help accessing low cost groceries
    • help attending first appointments 
    • drop-in surgeries at Cornerstone Monday-Friday, 1pm-4pm
    • furnished tenancies - provide assistance with carpeting, furniture, white goods
    • block support - we have a dedicated officer in the blocks
    • drop-in surgeries for people living in temporary accommodation
    • help with your support needs through our Housing Support Officers 
  • Furnished tenancy scheme

    This scheme aims to help you set up your home if you do not have furniture, do not have sufficient funds to purchase furniture or you are not able to access a Stockport Local Assistance Scheme Grant to get the items you need.

    Furnished tenancies are only available to Stockport Homes tenants.

    To refer yourself or someone else to the service please visit the Referral Page

  • How to refer someone to Independent Living Housing Support

    To refer someone for Housing Support, please complete the Independent Living – Housing Support referral form.

  • Independent Living Housing Support drop in surgery

    We hold Independent Living – Housing Support drop-in surgeries at Cornerstone, 2 Edward Street, Stockport, SK1 3NQ daily between 8.30am – 5.00pm

Share this page:
Page last reviewed 06/12/2021
Live Chat Logo