Skip to main content
  • Text size
  • Change contrast


Is the font size readable? Or could it be increased? Select Accessibility at any time in order to increase it.

You can also quickly access any online services, such as paying your rent or reporting a repair.

Meet the Money Advice Team

At Stockport Homes we understand that that many of our customers will experience some kind of money difficulties at some point in their lives. This might be due to a change in personal circumstances, such as losing a job or ill health. Or it might be that you are finding it difficult to understand and cope with the changes to the Welfare Benefit system, such as Universal Credit, or the Benefit Cap.

You might be trying to manage on much less money that you were used to and need some help in getting things back on track. Whatever the reason, our Money Advice Team is here to help you work through any financial problems. We offer free, confidential and impartial money and benefit advice. Since our Money Advice Team was introduced, we have helped hundreds of our customers and we’re here to help you.

The Stockport Homes Money Advice Team

We can:
• Check that you are claiming all the benefits that you are entitled to and help you to apply for them
• Help you challenge any decisions to stop or change your benefits
• Assist you with benefits appeals through to a tribunal hearing
• Explain any changes to the benefit system and how they are likely to affect you
• Apply for discretionary payments and grants to help with rent arrears
• Help with water charges
• Offer budgeting advice
• Refer you for additional support you may need, such as with digital skills or on-going tenancy support

You can contact the Money Advice Team on 0161 217 6016 or complete the referral form below and one of our advisors will contact you.


Money Advice Form

eg. ESA has stopped, or you're struggling with rent arrears
Share this page:
Page last reviewed 11/02/2019