We would like to thank everyone who has completed and returned our form as part of the consultation for the proposed IHM Service.
We have had a good response and can confirm that the new service will be introduced from April 2019.
Some feedback from tenants has highlighted that the service needs to be flexible and we will ensure that everyone receives a service which is right for them and can be reviewed as necessary.
What Will the Service Offer – Flexible Service Tailored to Meet Tenants Individual Needs
- A regular telephone call to provide an opportunity for a quick check with you regarding any immediate queries or concerns;
- A regular planned visit to your home to enable us to be more responsive to tenants queries on a 1-1 basis and proactively address any repair or greenspace issues;
- Additional responsive visits as required linked to any immediate queries or concerns raised from the weekly telephone call;
- Smoke alarm test /Carecall alarm test calls will also be undertaken at the regular visit;
- Assisting tenants who may need a referral to other organisations e.g. benefit checks/assistance, adaptations or to the Wellbeing Coordinator;
- Providing general advice;
- Referring to the Housing Officer where appropriate;
- Help to read meters.
What will the Intensive Housing Management (IHM) Service Cost?
- The service will cost £3 per week and will be added to the service charge as an Intensive Housing Management charge.
- Tenants who receive Housing Benefit will receive the service at no cost as an eligible service charge.
- All new tenants will automatically receive the service and the Independent Living Co-ordinator will have a chat about their service needs at the 6 week visit or before if this is required.
Who will Provide the (IHM) Service?
- Initially we will be recruiting two Independent Living Co-ordinators (ILCs) to provide a dedicated service in addition to the NHO.
- Once in post the ILCs will be given a dedicated area of the patch to manage and will be able to carry out more regular estate visits than is currently done by NHO, telephone calls etc.
A letter will be sent out to everyone who will be receiving the new service – please contact Jo Rhodes on 0161 218 1297 for any further information.