Stockport Homes are pleased to announce that after a recent review of the home contents insurance scheme for its tenants, from April 2018 premiums will reduce and cover will improve.
Improvements to the cover include:
- Fridge and freezer contents are now included
- Under Personal Possessions extension, the limit for any one claim has increased to £1,000 per item
- Legally downloaded audio / visual files, disks or record disks of any kind to do with home entertainment equipment has had the limit increased to £2,000
- The Personal Money limit has increased to £300
The scheme (which is underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc) provides an affordable way for Stockport Homes’ tenants to protect the contents of their homes.
Premiums have reduced
Premiums start from £1.09 a week (for tenants aged under 55) for a £9,000 sum insured, and just 72p a week (for tenants aged 55 and over), for a £6,000 sum insured. For tenants who live in sheltered accommodation premiums start from 48p a week (for a £4,000 sum insured).
Benefits of the scheme include:
- All postcodes are included
- No excess to pay
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks or an alarm
- Covers theft, water damage, fire, flood and other household risks
- Covers lost or stolen keys
- Covers theft from sheds and garages as standard
- You can pay weekly alongside your rent
- Extended accidental damage is automatically included
- Optional extensions are available for an additional premium
Robin Burman, Chair of Stockport Homes’ Board said,
This is a great scheme that offers our tenants a way of protecting their furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, water damage; all for a lower cost than in previous years.
Dean Seager, Development Director, Thistle Tenant Risks said,
We are delighted to be providing Stockport Homes with this home contents insurance scheme and we look forward to working with them over the next three years to promote the service to tenants.
Stockport Homes’ tenants can apply online by visiting the Home Contents Insurance page.