Customers with pre-payment meters who may not be able to add credit can speak to their supplier about options to keep them supplied. This could include nominating a third party for credit top ups, having a discretionary fund added to their credit, or being sent a pre-loaded top up card so that their supply is not interrupted.
See below advice from suppliers for those who are on prepayment meters:
If you have a smart meter you can top up without leaving your home:
- Online or via an app, all companies whom install smart top up meters will allow you to top up online or via an app, once you have registered your account.
- Telephone, all suppliers will have a 24/7 automated payment line or text facility to top up
Traditional key and card prepayment meters:
- Over the next few months try to top up more on your meter where possible in case you need to self-isolate
- If possible ask friends, family or a neighbour to top up for you
- Call supplier for further help if you are still struggling to top up and stay on supply.
Customers that are on the pre-pay Heat and Hot Water meters:
Beaver House, Brecon Towers, Brook House, Conway Towers, Dunton Towers, Heaton Towers, Hempshaw House, Hollow End Towers, Lenham Towers, Ludlow Towers, Norris Towers, Romney Towers, Voewood Towers
There are alternative methods of payment that you can set up to keep credit on your heat and hot water meter:
- Over the phone – 24 Hour automated payment line, call 01623 541 401. You will require your heat meter top up card number and your bank details to complete a top up
- Standing order – you can set up an automatic monthly payment that will go straight from your bank account to the heat meter. Please call the Energy Advice Team on 0161 474 4062 to request the details required to set it up with your bank
- Online payments – Register an account at www.energybilling.co.uk, again you will require your heat meter top up card number. Once registered you will be able to top up online using your bankcard.
If you have further issues or you are concerned about topping up your prepayment energy meters please contact the Energy Advice Team for over the phone advice on 0161 474 4062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org