Our Energy advice team are available to support customers and staff with their energy issues and are running drop in sessions throughout the week.
Tips to help you check, switch and save
Read your meter regularly and check your bills to find out how much energy you’re using and that you’re not paying too much.
Talk to your supplier or contact the Energy Advice team if you think your bill is wrong or have problems paying. You could be entitled to benefits, grants or discounts to boost your income and lower costs.
You may be eligible for a Smart meter, smart meters will enable you to see exactly how much energy you are using and what is costing. Talk to your supplier or Stockport Homes Energy Advice team for more info.
You could save hundreds of pounds by switching energy supplier or changing tariff. Visit an OFGEM accredited comparison site to compare prices. Even if you talk to your supplier, they may not necessary offer you the cheapest tariff, usually the cheapest are only available online.
You might be able to switch even if you owe your supplier money. Talk to the Stockport Homes Energy Advice team for more info.
Save money and energy – Small changes can make a difference.
- Using low energy lightbulbs or turning down the thermostat by 1 degree can save you money.
- Washing your clothes at 30C rather than 40C can save you a third of the cost
- Learn how use your heating controls, don’t waste money heating an empty property
- Only boil as much water as you need, the more water you boil the more electricity is used
- Close you curtains at dusk and make sure they are tucked behind the radiators, to prevent heat escaping out of the windows
Come and see our Energy Advisors at Cornerstone reception, they will be on hand to check your bills, help you compare tariffs and switch
Drop in sessions: 1-4pm Monday 21st, Wednesday 23rd and Friday 25th
If you cannot make the drop sessions but are concerned about your energy bills, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 474 4062