At SHG, we feel it is important to be open and transparent with our customers, and we are fully committed to our Together with Tenants commitments.
As part of our commitment to communicate with customers we have set out our performance on complaints handling from the first quarter of 2021/22 (April to June), and will continue to publish this information on a quarterly basis. You can also read our most recent end of year (2020-21) report below.
Number of complaints received
We closed 49 new formal complaints during the quarter, with two complaints being heard at stage 2 of our complaints process.
Time taken to resolve complaints
Stage 1 cases were resolved in an average of five working days (target 10 working days). This is an improvement of the same period of last year, when the average time to resolve stage 1 cases was seven days.
% of complaints resolved within target
- 100% of stage 1 complaints were resolved within the target of 10 days.
Customer satisfaction with complaints
- 92% of customers who responded to our survey said they were either satisfied or very satisfied with how their complaint was handled.
Most common areas of complaint
- 41% of complaints were in relation to Maintenance and Commercial Services (Repairs)
- 16% were in relation to Neighbourhood services
- In 20% of all complaints closed we identified that communication with customers was a key aspect of the complaint.
Learning and improving from complaints
At SHG we value all forms of customer feedback. We use the learning from complaints to drive improvements to the services we provide to our customers. Here are a few examples of improvements which have come about following customer feedback during the quarter:
- Improvement to the system used to manage calls to the out of hours repairs service, making it easier for customers to reach the service.
- We have worked with a new repairs subcontractor to ensure that they meet the excellent levels of customer service we and our customers expect, meaning complex drainage issues are resolved more quickly.
- We have improved our internal process for arranging emergency gain entries to properties to ensure that affected customers are always kept fully informed of developments.
Customer feedback reports
You can read our feedback reports below. We also tell you about complaints and compliments in the Stockport at home. You can download a copy of the Stockport at home newsletter from the publications section.