Skip to main content
  • Text size
  • Change contrast


Is the font size readable? Or could it be increased? Select Accessibility at any time in order to increase it.

You can also quickly access any online services, such as paying your rent or reporting a repair.


We are committed to providing you with a high quality service. If you are unhappy with the service you have received from us, we want to know. Your feedback will help us make our services better. Read about how we use customer feedback on the customer feedback results page.

  • What is a complaint

    A complaint is:

    An expression of dissatisfaction about a service provided by Stockport Homes in the last six months, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents
  • Make a complaint

    If you are unhappy with the service you have received and we have not been able to resolve the issue, we want to know. You can tell us the details of your complaint using the online Customer Feedback Form below or you can call 0161 474 2600.

    Customer feedback form

    Please enter your full name
    Please enter your full address including postcode
    Please enter a contact number
    Please enter your email address (if applicable)
    Please include the full details of your complaint or compliment here
  • Complaints process

    We have two stages for investigating your complaint.

    Stage 1          
    Dealt with by the relevant Officer or Manager.

    Stage 2     
    If you are unhappy with the result and can present additional information which may change the outcome, you can ask for your complaint to be heard by an Appeal Panel. This is a Head of Service and two independent trained customers. You can also choose for only a Head of Service to hear your complaint.  

    You can find out more about how we deal with complaints in the Customer Feedback Policy. The Unacceptable Behaviour Policy tells you what behaviours we do not accept from customers.

    Download the Customer Feedback Policy

    Download the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy 

    As a member landlord of the Housing Ombudsman Scheme, SHG are required to adhere to the Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code. See the Complaint Handling Code on the Housing Ombudsman’s website. In order to ensure compliance with the Complaint Handling Code, SHG completed the Housing Ombudsman’s Self-Assessment form, which is available below:

    Complaint handling code self-assessment

  • Still unhappy

    If you are still unhappy once we have reviewed your complaint, you can have your complaint heard by a ‘designated person’ as defined by law. This can be an elected representative, such as a local MP or Councillor, or a registered group of independent tenants. If you would like to approach the local Independent Tenant Panel, please contact the Customer Feedback Officer by telephone on 0161 474 2600 or email

    You can complain to the Independent Housing Ombudsman at any time. However, if you have not made a complaint with us, they will usually send your complaint to us first.

    For more information, please visit the Independent Housing Ombudsman website

    Contact details for the Independent Housing Ombudsman:
    Housing Ombudsman Service
    Exchange Tower
    Harbour Exchange Square
    E14 9GE

    Telephone: 0300 111 3000


You can send us details of your complaint using the online Customer Feedback Form above or you can call 0161 474 2600


Share this page:
Page last reviewed 11/02/2019
Live Chat Logo