Your garage tenancy will be set up on a weekly basis. The tenancy can be ended by either party by giving one weeks notice in writing. Once the one weeks notice had ended the tenant must immediately remove all belongings from the garage and return the keys to the relevant area housing office.
The tenant shall:
- pay the rent in accordance with the Tenancy Agreement
- pay to the council a sum determined in respect of damage to the premises whether by intent, neglect or otherwise
- maintain the premises in a clean and tidy condition
- permit all authorised agents to inspect the condition of the premises or carry out works of repair or alteration
- use the premises for the purpose of a garage only
The tenant shall not:
- cause damage, inconvenience, nuisance or annoyance to the council or the occupiers of any adjoining or neighbouring premises
- use the premises for the purpose of advertising
- make any additions or alterations to the premises
- install, use or allow to be installed or used any mechanical or electrical appliances other than a motor vehicle
These terms and conditions are not exhaustive. Upon successful application of a garage you will be required to read and sign the full terms and conditions set out in the Tenancy Agreement.