Hate crimes are acts of violence or hostility directed at people because of who they are or who someone thinks they are.
Hate crimes can take many different forms – for example, someone may have damaged your property because of the colour of your skin, sent you offensive letters because of what you believe, or behaved violently towards you because of who you love.
No hate crime is acceptable. We all have a right to live without fear, hostility and intimidation from others because of who we are.
Hate crime is any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person’s characteristic or perceived characteristic including:
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Trans and gender reassignment
- Alternative sub-culture
Report hate crime
Does the hate crime put you, your family or your property in immediate danger?
- phone 999 and ask for the police now
- during normal office hours also phone Stockport Homes 0161 218 1498
- outside normal office hours also contact the ASB team online
- phone the police on 101, or complete a GM Police Hate Crime / Incident Reporting form
- also phone Stockport Homes on 0161 218 1498 or ASB team online
To find out more please go to www.letsendhatecrime.com