Over 500 people attended our Community Count event in Brinnington where we revealed which community groups had been successful with their applications for funding.
There were a range of local groups that received a share of the £5000 fudning and were presented with their certificates by the Mayor and Mayoress of Stockport.
Listed below are the groups and how much funding they received. These include;
- Stockport Action for Voluntary Youth - £500
- Stockport Volunteer Police Cadets - £500
- Cheadle and Gatley JFC - £500
- Houldsworth Charlettes Morris Dancers - £500
- Adswood Arts Group - £500
- Wimborne Close Social Club ‘Computer Connect’ - £500
- Edgeley ROC Centre - £400
- Offerton Dementia Drop-in - £474
- Step Ahead Community Group - junior members - £500
- First Step Womens Development Group - £500
There were a range of community groups promoting their work at the event including Stockport Stroke Support, Step Ahead Family Support Group and Performance 4 People theatre group (P4P).