Social value is a way of thinking about how resources are allocated and used. It involves looking beyond the price of delivering public services and looking at what the collective benefit to a community is from the work that public sector organisations do.
At Stockport Homes, we think about social value in terms of the wider impacts of the work we do, especially to promote the wellbeing of our customers, our communities and the local environment.
We deliver a wide range of projects and activities that generate Social Value, including our:
- innovative B4Box (b4box.co.uk) apprenticeship scheme, which takes young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and provides them with training and potentially life-changing employment opportunities.
- work in our neighbourhoods to promote sustainable communities and support vulnerable people.
- other employment initiatives such as our Remploy scheme (remploy.co.uk), and our work to promote social and digital inclusion.
- innovative 'Skills For Life' customer training programme, which aims to support customers to gain the skills they need to access work or further education.
- work to support Older People and reduce the social isolation they sometimes face, including delivering activities for older people.